“The Food Forest Farm is a producer and supplier of organic food products, thereby qualifying as an Essential Service ( see Government Notice 318, 18 March 2020, Annexure B, Regulation 11A ) during the South African Nationwide Lockdown period 26 March-16 April 2020, and therefore exempt from the lockdown and allowed to continue farming operations and deliveries in a hygienic and responsible manner. “
Our protocol for Order Packing and Deliveries
- No person displaying CoViD-19 symptons is allowed to be involved with packing and/or deliveries.
- Drivers and delivery vehicles are not allowed to take ANY ITEMS on board or enter ANY DWELLINGS and should come into contact with as little as possible outside the delivery vehicle, to prevent the chances of spreading anything between sites.
For you, the customer, this means
– payment only by EFT, please
– no recycling of jars, boxes, baskets or anything else, like we usually do. If you can hang on to these for now, we’ll take it on again when circumstances change
– no physical contact of any kind with any person while in possession of items that need to be delivered still.
- Sterilisation of shoes and hands in between visiting delivery sites is complusory for delivery drivers, BEFORE re-entering the vehicle.
- All drivers are always in possession of
– the CIPC certificate issued below
– a specific letter certifiying that the person is performing Essential Service duties for Sustainable Living Solutions t/a The Food Forest Farm
– a valid drivers’ licence and SA ID
Our protocol for harvesting, packing and general farm management
- Screening for CoViD 19 symptoms, as outlined by the WHO, is carried out daily for each person coming into contact with produce, foodstuffs, packing and farming equipment of The Food Forest Farm (coughs, fevers (tested by IR thermometer each morning), tiredness and difficulty breathing). A person displaying symptoms is given 14-day paid quarantine leave.
- Regular handwashing and incoming item cleaning with 70% alcohol solution and diluted bleach solution is standard practice for ALL incoming items, including hands and shoes.